Monday, September 3, 2012

Batik + Bold Red Legs



Hi everyone! Just felt like something comfy and crowded, with a little Kate Spade vibe met a little of Orla Kiely vibe, met a little of ethnic vibe, etc!  How about layers, colorful batik and bold legs? And that day I felt like RED tights!

If you happen to travel to South East Asia, Indonesia especially, and looking for a dress, I recommend you to get cotton batik dress. It's super comfortable and cool. There are stylish designs available nowadays. You can get batik dress for cheap price in local market but be careful of the quality of the stitching. 

What do you think about colorful tights by the way? ? I had read an article that said colorful tights aren't suitable for over 30 years old woman but I don't agree! Even for over 80! Even when I dress up and look like 20s or teenager, it would be not because of my bold legs. 

Batik dress from local market in Jogja, Indonesia
Cropped cardigan from Mango Basics
Red nylon tights bought in Hover market.
Black flats from Cube (similar can be found in multilabels shoe store)

Here I created for you an online shopable versions of my look above. Well..quite crazy mix! I am sorry if you still like pastel tone all over cause below seems to be all the colors in the world :) hahaha. Each item is under 50 Euros.

Kate Spade vibe meets Ethno meets everything!



Rare London strapless dress, €24 / Floral print dress, €28 / Motel dress, €35 / 2b cropped cardigan, €16 / Charlotte Russe crop top, €12 / Black short sleeve cardigan, €13 / Cropped cardigan, €6,29 / Orange stocking, €10 / Tight / Fogal patterned tight / Over the knee socks, €9,52 / Color block shoes, €32 / Ballet shoes, €28 / John Lewis black pumps, €31 / John Lewis sparkly shoes, €38 / O'Neill straw handbag, €33 / Forever New straw tote handbag, €33 / Mantaray canvas tote, €24 / Cross body handbag, €24 / Beaded clutch, €24 / Reiss straw bag, €27 / Vera Bradley tote, €31 / H&M leather clutch, €25 / Pippa & Julie Batik Dress (Big Girls), €25


.....

Today I also want to share you style journal the last week:

  • Mango outlet is awesome. I love that Mango uses luxurious fabrics like wool, silk, linen and leather. And their sale or outlet price could be really cheap! Sadly, I have problem with their size:(. Especially due to my petit flat body and short torso. Found 100% silk dress for 8 Euros in a too long wast and leather pant for 14 Euros but it was much too big. The shoes were the same. I had problem with heels as my feet somehow always slipped down and that way hurt my big toes. I found a basic black pointy kitten heels for about 12 Euros. It was my size 37 but it just didn't work. :( huhuhu....
  • I finally ended up in Annie jewelries store, brought home a pocket of ten pieces of broken jewelries for 1 Euros! Hahahaha. I want to recycle them, Some of them just need glue.
  • Another awesome fleamarket in Eichgraben, few kilometers from Vienna. It was not big but there were pretty secondhand clothes from some high street brands, vintage leather jackets, Austrian hats, vintage lady coats. Again, size matter! The price is in average 1 Euros. I saw a woman bought a pile of vintage leather bags for 5 Euros and a couple tried coats, the man tried a vintage shearling leather jacket, so cool.
  • Took a look in local boutique and found a fab grey trench coat from Esprit for 20 Euros, and a very chic white blazer from ...I forgot ....It had georgeous design indeed I tell you, with feminine sharp cut and double look pockets). Again, both are a way too big, size 36. :(
  • The last one, this morning: I finally painted my nails! Yohoo! The last time I did was about 8 years ago! Got The Color Workshop french manicure set in Pagro Diskont for 6 Euros including 3 nail polishes in pink, white, beige, topcoat etc. It's not everytime available. I just googled it and got info that the brand comes from Walmart. However, I love the result. Easy to be applied and very smooth.. I tried one layer of nude pink one. It can't be seen in the pic because it's just like naked nails with shiny healthy look. Oh, and I just cut my nails so not compare with the packaging's photo :).


    I hope you enjoy my post. Thanks for reading and have a wonderful inspiring week!
    Don't forget to follow my blog if you like :).

    xo,
    Nataya






    3 comments:

    1. I love adding an element of surprise with fun tights! :) All the colors of your outfit look lovely together. Great look! :)

      $30 Rire Gift Certificate Giveaway!

      ReplyDelete
    2. cool tights,
      and beautiful dress

      xo
      www.jiglycious.com

      ReplyDelete
    3. Very much a fan of this outfit...I've just beeing WAITING for fall to come so I can pull out all my colourful tights! I love wearing something cheery and fun on my legs...and your red tights definitely do the trick. The pattern on the dress is darling too :)

      Following your blog!

      <3 Cambria
      jupefashion.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete

    Thankyou, your comments color my day!